Tajikistan is a mountainous country in Central Asia. Forests cover 3-3.5% of Tajikistan’s area. The total area of the State Forest Fund is 1.8 million ha. The area covered by forests is about 410 000 ha. All forests are State property. It is possible for private persons to establish private woodlots on private farmland.
The forests of Tajikistan, as is the case in the majority of forests in this region, constitute a specific and fragile ecosystem, facing various constraints and difficulties due to a particularly hard ecological and socio-economic condition. Deforestation and overgrazing leads to enormous erosion problems. The needs of fire wood and other products from the forest are of essential importance for the rural population.
- Assessment of the current situation
- Description of a model for vocational training
- Identification of thematic courses and training of trainers
- Development and production of educational material
- Organisation and carrying out pilot course